Saturday 23 March 2013

KUJAWIAK


When your children go to university, you guess where it will lead them, try to envisage what kind of career will engage them.  But wasn’t one of the arguments for sending them in the first place that it would broaden their horizons and offer them new opportunities.  A few weeks ago, somebody I know put up a surprised post connected to a YouTube video of her daughter (amongst others at Lancaster Uni) dancing the Harlem Shake with a plastic colander on her head.  You go, girl!

My own surprised moment came last week when my oldest son sent me a video entitled  me doing the KUJAWIAK‏.

Turns out it was a practice run for the UEA Go Global party – the Polish dance team was short a member and asked Pascoe to fill in with the courtship dance.  Since he is neither Polish nor a folk-dancer, I’m not sure how this happened, (unless, horrors, he is famed for courtship) but the seemingly surreal appearance of this emphasises to me that in his three years at university, Pascoe has built his own life beyond my knowing.  That’s what I call success.


What videos will Perran and Carenza send back – the Harlem Shake is already old hat, or should I say old colander.

iF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS, PLEASE SHARE IT ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER,USING THE BUTTONS BELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment