Saturday 16 July 2016

Resigned

I have quit my job.  I am moving on to become a freelance Latin teacher offering twilight sessions at four state-maintained secondary schools locally.
It is an exciting prospect to offer Latin to a new set of students who have not previously had the chance to study it and I am already working on plans to make the lessons interesting and varied.
It’s been a bit nerve-wracking – the date by which I had to hand in my notice at school raced up before I had secured my work for next year. 
I asked friends their advice.  And I prayed.  Then I took the step of faith and certainly, now, next year looks bright.
Plus, when I quit my job, I also quit a very congested and very early commute.
The new work should suit my biorhythms better.
I am not a morning person.
The question that colleagues most frequently ask me in the mornings is “Are you all right?”
I think I must present as rather silent and stary, early in the day.
For me to drive a long distance in the mornings is tempting fate and has not been without incident (see 2015 posts, Speed Awareness & The Mummy Car).
Hopefully the pupils whom I teach in the late afternoon will see me at my finest.
And maybe I can even cycle to my new schools.

But let’s not get carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment