I thought I was doing really well – I have made it to every session of my PGCE course so far, despite a mammoth commute, have handed in my first two assignments on time, have kitted up and seen off two children for university. The house is a bit of a tip, but heigh-ho.
In living at home with Nigel, I knew I was going to lose out on university life, but weighed against that are the advantages of retaining family life and links with old friends.
I was doing just this at the church Harvest Supper on Saturday, when in the middle of a speech about African AIDs orphans, I had a mental picture of…SMOKE!
I realised with a shock that I had left a pan on at home. I raced back.
I opened the front door on a pall of acrid grey smoke. I thank God that it wasn’t worse – the house wasn’t actually on fire.
I guess a burning pan is the traditional way for a woman’s unconscious to tell her that she has too much on her plate. I think I’ve just been told.
Get Regular updates from My Moon-Shot
Like our Facebook Fan Page and receive notification of new posts: