Saturday 21 March 2015

Breaking Bad II

A few days ago, I blogged about how my old friend Rosie put the wind up Nigel and I by quietly letting herself into our house at 11pm when we weren’t expecting her.
She came round early on Friday morning so we could watch the eclipse together and we laughed about the incident.
Ha, ha, ha.
It was just the two of us as Nigel had been away at a work do the previous night and was catching the train straight from work to his parents’ in Northumberland that evening.
In the face of cloud cover, we gave up on the eclipse, stowed our colander in the kitchen cupboard; and had resorted to the telly and unrivalled views of Brian Cox.
“The picture’s gone a bit dark – I can’t see Brian properly.”
“Why has it gone dark?”
Then -
“Wait a minute, what was that?”
We had heard a sound from the front door. 
If only we still had that metal colander.
WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE DONE:
Make lots of noise to scare the intruder away.  Never corner them.
WHAT WE DID:
We BOTH got up and went out into the hall….
to find Nigel.
“What are you doing here?”
“Hello to you too.   I’m going to work from home today – thought I might need to take the car to Mum and Dad’s later, instead of training it.”

Phew.  For a moment there, I thought I was going to have a Total Eclipse of the Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment