Thursday 21 March 2019

Never Cross a Zebra


I seem to be having a Zebra Moment.
On the news there was one single item that was not about Brexit, and it was that zebras have stripes to confuse  horseflies  – apparently the flies dislike landing on stripes.

Hmmm – you’d think that the strong smell of zebra would still be an attraction to the little insects.
However, lately, I have had a lot of zebra sightings – enough to check the research.

For instance, there's the horse in zebra’s clothing which sits at a cafĂ© table in Brussels train station. Unlike an ordinary horse, he seems not to be troubled by horseflies.
(Although perhaps he has a sad expression, owing to Brexit.)

At half term in a pub in Ghent, we saw not a horse, but a bull dressed as a zebra.  (Okay, so my picture shows there was ALSO a bull dressed as a tiger, but it’s a zebra theme I’m following here.)  We also ate in a great restaurant on Zebra Street.
In neither place did horseflies ruin our repast.


Our friend John has wood-turned a bowl from zebrano – not a fly to be seen.


Then, last weekend, Carenza turned up wearing a zebra-print jacket.
 
I checked behind her, but there were no horseflies in pursuit, so the research must be correct.
I admit, I doubted the findings, but my own extensive research conclusively proves they are water-tight.

And okay - I can't completely avoid Brexit.  PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION : -


No comments:

Post a Comment