Friday 4 October 2019

The Capture

We've been watching The Capture, the cleverly plotted BBC drama. 

It's made me think - how many times each day as I go about my work routines, pics/footage of me is captured.  I teach in several different schools which have adopted a new visitor system.  On arrival, I go to a touch screen and enter my details.  Then it takes a pic.
Even though it's a head shot, I can't help sucking in my stomach.

The photo is then printed out with my name, inserted in a little plastic wallet and hung round my neck on a lanyard.
 
I had presumed that this was in case, under the stress of modern teaching, I was found wondering the corridors, unable to remember my own name. 

Now, I realise it is for security. 

Or maybe for blackmail purposes - if I ever threatened to quit a particular school they could post the world's most unflattering photo on facebook/insta/twitter.

At the first school this week, I was too short for their set-up and my photo was only of my glasses and the top of my head. 

In the second school, I had cycled and my hair was frizzy and my glasses misted.

In the third school, the set-up takes photos against the light, so as always, I was represented by a silhouette, specs glinting in a sinister manner.

Think I'm going to invest in a stick-on moustache to see if I can go one better next week.
After that - some false goofy teeth.

And when I run out of ideas - a hand-stand of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment