Saturday 5 September 2020

An Imperfect Activist


Over the last few days I've been taking part in the wonderful, brave, creative actions by Extinction Rebellion.

However, people sometimes accuse me,
'But you use a car and plastic!'

True, I do. 

To avoid them completely I'd have to become Amish. 

More to the point, I'd have to devote all my energy to changing my own lifestyle - energy which I'd rather spend in changing the system so that there is better public transport and so that companies have to arrange for the recycling of their packaging.

Then we can all have lower carbon footprints and help to curb devastating climate crisis.

And that's why Extinction Rebellion is putting an emphasis on changing the system, particularly by supporting the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill, tabled last Wednesday.  
Email your MP and tell them how much it means to you.

 https://digitalrebellion.uk/cee-bill



No comments:

Post a Comment