Thursday 11 February 2021

I Believe in Summer

 



In the middle of Winter there are days when it is easier to believe in unicorns than in Summer.

Stricken by icy temperatures and a constant unsatisfactory ‘dandruff’ of snow (as Annabel put it),  we have had to exercise our faith and our imagination.

I put together a necklace from some butterflies which I had enamelled in bright colours.  There WILL come some sunny day when I can wear it above a strappy top.

Nigel has been filtering his elderberry wine.  One day it WILL be one of the ingredients of a ruby-coloured sangria on a warm summer’s evening in the garden.

I guess these things we have made are little pledges to ourselves, signs that we are trying to believe in Summer.



1 comment:

  1. There's a promise of summer on your kitchen wall! Love it.

    ReplyDelete