Saturday 9 July 2022

Hadrian's Wall - Day 5 - Half Way


Today was always going to be both the best day and the worst.
It would be the worst day because it was tough walking over high crags where Hadrian's wall snaked along the impossible course of the Whin Sill, a jagged outcrop of dolerite, with the wall teetering on its parapet.
And it would be the best day too for exactly the same reason.
My knee had been twingeing the day before, so I wasn't sure I'd manage it.
I put two straps on my knee and we set out early.
When we reached the trig point at Whinshields we photographed it,  but it was only some way further on that we discovered that it had marked the half way point both in today's walking, and in the whole trip, and the highest point we would have to scale. 
My confidence returned.  My knee had held up so far. 
Only another six miles to do today.



No comments:

Post a Comment