Thursday 21 March 2024

Better Adventures

 



We are currently not flying anywhere since it's a major contributor to climate change.

So when the grey days of late winter are crowding in and those friends who can afford it are taking airborne flights to warm shores, how do I get a break?

Last weekend I got a very different kind of break.

On Saturday I went with Extinction Rebellion friends and made 3D models of deep sea creatures like sea angels, dragon fish and Dumbo octopus. These models will be used in a spectacular parade to protest against the damage done by deep sea mining.

On Sunday I joined Carenza and took a beginner's course on screen printing. I came away with ten moody prints of an image I made of the Primaporta Augustus.

At the end of the weekend I had learned several new skills and worked closely with a new set of people. 

And I came away with a sense of wellbeing that will hopefully last longer than an out-of-season suntan.



No comments:

Post a Comment