Thursday 25 April 2024

Mother-Son trip

 


Nigel was taking his mum away for the weekend – they would stroll along Great Yarmouth prom and visit tea shops.

Pascoe and I were going hill walking in the Lakes.

Because the trips were so dissimilar it took a while to spot that they were parallel mother-son trips.

But then the trips developed another theme in common - knees.

Nigel and his Mum had an enjoyable first day but had to return early due to knee trouble. Pascoe and I set off up the Langdales and I was proud to climb Harrison's Stickle and Pavey Ark.  However, during the descent, my knees began to complain.

On the following two days we tackled much smaller hills.

 

Later, Nigel's Mum said how even though they'd had to leave early Nigel's cheerfulness and kindness made it a good weekend.

I certainly could not have climbed even one mountain without Pascoe who carried our rucksack and encouraged me.

 

I do my very best to keep my knees going by using knee supports and hiking poles. But if one day I lose the the battle, I'm sure Pascoe will also be kind and cheerful and take me to a tea shop.

 

In the meantime though, just let me at those hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment