Thursday 29 April 2021

I guess you had to be there


I always visit the bluebells with my walking buddies. 

Except last year the Lockdown rules kept us apart. We WhatsApped eachother photos of blue woodland floor, but it wasn't the same.   

However, this year we were able to gather for the stunning annual flooding of the woods with a tide of bluebells.  Carol led us to a small, far-flung wood that was not infested with other bluebell-peepers.

And so we were able to add one more photo to the already high stack of pictures of 'Us with bluebells'. This year's variant was 'Us with too-long hair with bluebells'. Our priority had obviously been getting out to the woods, not booking a hairdresser.

There is also an annual event we don't aim for but which happens anyway. More often than not, I am with my friends when we spot the first swallow. It happened again this year and as the wispy dark shape sped over our heads, we made the annual joke about 'one swallow doth not a summer make'.  

I guess you had to be there.  

And that's the point - after a long Lockdown, now we can be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment