Friday 22 October 2021

A Bit of a Bash


One of the effects of covid has been fewer outings and get togethers.  There is an upside. It means that within the quiet beige landscape of our lives any celebratistands out like a faceted jewel gleaming in a precious setting.
I was so thrilled that all three children came and stayed for my birthday.  We pushed the boat out and went for two outings.  We spent Saturday at RHS Wisley where the Autumn colours were kindling along the avenues. Then on Sunday after church we visited the Royal Academy (belated) summer exhibition.  It is a measure of my euphoria that just for one brief moment I even considered buying something.  
We also caught up with our great friends Ethan and Dan at points over the weekend. 
And now it is over. But for a long time I shall be turning over the memory of this bright jewel until it becomes as smooth as sea glass in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment