But this year we walked St Cuthbert's way at the end of July and I squeezed in a visit to my ancient dad in Cornwall, then I got grounded.
A steroid injection into my creaky hip meant I had to take it easy and avoid exercise.
And what a pleasure it has been.
I ticked off little domestic tasks from taking up a pair of trousers and mending a bracelet, to making chutney and jam.
There were also treats like Chip's barbecue-cum-solar-eclipse, and like having Rosie round and catching up with Carol and Carole.
And then we were able to be fully present for two major life events: the funeral of our lovely friend, Nick, and the much anticipated wedding of wonderful Steve and Elaine, at both of which Nigel gave a speech and for each of which there was time to prepare and debrief properly.
Only thing we really missed was our summer visit to Pascoe in Edinburgh, but we'll catch him later.
Maybe I'll need an injection in my hip next August too.
No comments:
Post a Comment