After they arrived, we ran into them on site and they explained.
'We moved your tent. Not far. Just a few feet.'
What!?!
It's a bit like hearing somebody went in your bedroom when you weren't there, so I swiftly did a mental check. Yes, I had stowed my dirty clothes in a bag. No I hadn't left anything personal lying around. Phew.
Then I remembered a certain bag which we'd left just outside the tent.
Oh no.
When we got back at night, I checked and the bag was still there. The Osborns had moved it along with the tent. When they returned and joined us for a glass of wine, I felt the need to explain.
'When we arrived, there was sheep poo all over the area, so I used a plastic bag to pick it up. Then I was going to bin it, but Nigel wanted to compost it, but he never got round to it. And that is why there is a big bag of poo just outside our tent.'
'We did note it,' said Mark, 'But we decided not to comment.'
In some ways, I wish I hadn’t explained. For many years the Osborns would have puzzled over the mysterious bag of poo which the Harveys appeared to have brought to a festival with them.
Photo at bottom, mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment