Sunday 3 May 2020

Has Lockdown caused a Time Warp?


It’s been two weeks since I blogged.

When was the last time I allowed so much time to elapse?

I guess it is an effect of Lockdown.

A number of friends have said that they are losing track of time.  Nigel and I are both still working and have scheduled meetings so that helps to keep a grip but even so…

The main clock for me has been the dandelion clock. 

At the start of Lockdown my phone filled up with pictures of each spring flower as it blossomed – celandines, violets, purple ground ivy, red dead nettle, bluebells.
Blackthorns and cherries blossomed luxuriantly.

However, the clock has run on, and there are now some different photos, of flowers run to seed.

Like the dandelion clock.

It has made me feel a little melancholy that this perfect spring of gin-clear skies and abundant blossom is past its peak.

Yet without the seeds, there would be no new flowers.

Just so, the Lockdown period of simple, black-and-white rules, which has in some way been comforting, is likely at the end of next week to give way to a world where there are more grey zones and one must use judgement.

But without that, how can life move on?









No comments:

Post a Comment