Thursday 21 May 2020

Making it Complicated


We were pretty comfortable. I’d stocked up the store cupboard before panic buying struck the nation.  We’d gone out and bought supplies for DIY and craft projects.  We’d sorted out home-working via Zoom easily.

And then we made a mistake.

As new Lockdown guidance made it possible, the kitchen design company got in touch.  We had arranged with them to have our kitchen done at the start of April.  However, everything had been postponed.  

But now we could go ahead (with careful social distancing precautions, of course).

What better time to renew the kitchen?  We can’t have friends round for dinner and we’re not going anywhere.

At least, I thought it was a good time.

But today our formerly pleasant kitchen is a hollowed-out waste.

I am cooking on a camping stove on the patio.

Worst of all, the fridge is now in the room where Nigel works.  Every time I creep in for a surreptitious snack, he flicks his laptop open and says, “I’ll just add it to the spreadsheet!”

And I’m not sure he’s joking.

Woe is me.


No comments:

Post a Comment