Thursday 19 March 2020

Bringing out the best and the worst



People have been ringing each other and asking, “Are you okay?”

We have been setting up local mutual support circles for errands and shopping.

WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram are being employed to boost morale and find the funny side - Many a chat group is devoting itself to the mystery of why everybody thinks they need SO much loo paper.

Some of us have been prompted to acquire new skills and use technologies such as video conferencing for the first time.

In lieu of a social life, we’re getting round to domestic projects that have been on hold for too long – in my case, potting my succulents (plants) and finally making Carenza a skirt out of the dress she wore as a bridesmaid when she was nine.

So maybe this crisis is making me a better human being.

But if anybody touches my dried pasta, I shall club them to death with my super-sized bottle of hand sanitiser.





No comments:

Post a Comment